2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab: NHTSA and IIHS Ratings, and Safety Features
Updated on: November 3, 2020
|Overall Rating||5 star|
|Overall Front Star Rating||5 star|
|Front Driver Side||5 star|
|Front Passenger Side||5 star|
|Overall Side Star Rating||5 star|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Front Seat)||5 star|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Rear Seat)||5 star|
|Side Barrier Driver||5 star|
|Side Barrier Rear Passenger||5 star|
|Overall Side Pole Star Rating||5 star|
|Rollover Star Rating||5 star|
|Overall Side Barrier||5 star|
|Small Overlap Front(Driver)||Good|
|Small Overlap Front(Passenger)||Good|
|Moderate Overlap Front||Good|
|Head Restraints and Seats||Good|
|Front Crash Prevention||Superior|
|Latch Ease of Use||Marginal|
With its years of experience, Toyota offers the most reliable vehicles in almost every segment. We love Toyota for its massive SUVs and Pickup trucks as they offer ruggedness and reliability that only a few others can compete with. It has been 25 years since Toyota introduced its first pickup truck for America, the Toyota Tacoma. The mighty Tacoma showed how Toyota is not limited only to the passenger cars as the pickup was a tremendous success. The Tacoma is in its 3rd generation and saw a boom in its sales in the past 2 years.
For 2021, Tacoma is back with its amazing build quality and fresh design. With time and advancements, the safety is enhanced and you are much safer inside your Tacoma than ever. You get countless active and passive safety features both inside and outside the cabin. The technology took over most of the credit with its sensing and smart safety features. The design is facelifted and looks stylish. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab has a starting price of $34,315 for the RWD trim which goes all the way to $36,345 for the 4WD trim. They offer the vehicle in two body styles: Double cab and Access Cab.
19' Feb, 2021 - Toyota now offers a TRD Lift-Kit option with the 2021 Tacoma
We all know that Toyota offers amazing build quality even with its cars. Then we can estimate how strong is the structure of the Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. Toyota used ultra-high strength steel in crafting the structure of the Tacoma, and integration of the components is done with a stamping process that ensures rigidity and less weight.
The 2021 Toyota Tacoma range of SUVs are equipped with Toyota's star safety systems that provide smart traction control, vehicle stability control, ABS system with brake assist and smart start-stop technology. Under Toyota Safety sense, there's a Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert, automatic high beams and dynamic radar cruise control. Other than that, Toyota offers a blind-spot monitoring system with rear cross-traffic alert. With a lot of safety features and systems, Toyota also focuses on providing you complimentary maintenance and roadside assistance for 2 years and 25,000 miles. This way Toyota has made sure that the Tacoma breaks its previous sales records.
You can see how the 2020 Toyota Tacoma performed the tests by IIHS. It even scored superior in crash prevention as it had advanced standard safety systems. All the other parameters have a good rating. We can expect much better safety from the 2021 Toyota Tacoma.
What features make the 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab?
- Blind-spot monitoring system with rear cross-traffic alert - Driving a massive truck isn't easy. You have to remain aware of your surroundings. In many cases, the accidents occur when another vehicle enters your blind spot. For that, Toyota offers a blind spot monitoring system that alerts you about any vehicle approaching in your blind spot. Also, the rear cross-traffic alert system alerts you about the traffic.
- Star Safety System - The Star Safety system equips your Toyota with the most important safety features. It includes vehicle stability control to keep it stable on any road or sharp curves, a traction control system to provide traction on any terrain and ABS with electronic brake pressure distribution for proper braking.
- Toyota Safety Sense - Sensing technologies are the next big thing in the car world. These features allow you to drive safely as they remain active in the background. Toyota Safety Sense includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert, automatic high beams and a radar cruise control.
- Tire pressure monitoring systems with individual tire location alert - This safety feature allows you to know which tire of your vehicle has low air pressure. Low pressure in any tire can lead to a mishap or you can be stuck anywhere. With this system, you have the proper info about your tires’ health.
- Rear Parking Sonar-Parking a huge truck is another kind of headache. You cannot see every object standing in your way. The rear parking sonar detects the object behind your vehicle while you reverse park it and notify you at the right time. This way the parking gets much easier.
Is the 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab safe enough?
Toyota always loads its cars with maximum safety and features. The amazing build quality cannot be questioned. With its new innovations and technology, Toyota has made the Tacoma much better. Toyota uses ultra high strength steel in the structure. The cabin is backed by crumple zones and impact bars. Inside you have airbags for passengers' safety. The top-notch safety systems and features make the Tacoma much safer than before. The Tacoma is not a new entry in America as it has been around for a long time to tell the customers that this one will come back every time with something better. The pickup trucks have this rugged image as they are used roughly and the Tacoma is made for that. It surely lives up to the reputation of Toyota with its best in class features and capabilities.
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab Safety
For 2021, Tacoma is back with its amazing build quality and fresh design. With time and advancements, the safety is enhanced and you are much safer inside your Tacoma than ever. You get countless active and passive safety features both inside and outside the cabin. The technology took over most of the credit with its sensing and smart safety features.
2021 Toyota Tacoma Safety Reviews
Nancy J. Kostka2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab
Off Road 4dr Double Cab 5 ft. 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: March 24, 2021
2021 Tacoma is our type!
Pros - It has a stick, mpg is great, easy to maintain
Cons - Nothing at all
Happy to have gone with the Toyota for our second pickup The fact that it is not a gas guzzler and has a stick transmission. Can do both off roading and hauling with nothing but ease Stick transmission is the best feature of this pickup. I'm glad they still make it Both rows enjoy cushy seats and practical convenience. The stereo works great. Hauling is so much easier because of the space inside out Looks great on road and is stays clean most of the time. Part time 4wd, great breaks, equally impressive handling, cruise control with pedestrian detection, sturdy plastics Great because of the sturdy built quality and amazing mpg No added equipment or packages except the led lights and the overall price is excellent. Toyota's are meant to hold their value and I think we got the bang for our buck Whenever I call them for anything, I get instant response and timely service. Best place to buy a Toyota in Alabama