2021 Tesla Model 3 electric: NHTSA and IIHS Ratings, and Safety Features
Updated on: September 4, 2020
|Overall Rating||5 star|
|Overall Front Star Rating||5 star|
|Front Driver Side||5 star|
|Front Passenger Side||5 star|
|Overall Side Star Rating||5 star|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Front Seat)||5 star|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Rear Seat)||5 star|
|Side Barrier Driver||5 star|
|Side Barrier Rear Passenger||5 star|
|Overall Side Pole Star Rating||5 star|
|Rollover Star Rating||5 star|
|Overall Side Barrier||5 star|
|Small Overlap Front(Driver)||Good|
|Small Overlap Front(Passenger)||Good|
|Moderate Overlap Front||Good|
|Head Restraints and Seats||Good|
|Front Crash Prevention||Superior|
|Latch Ease of Use||Acceptable|
While Tesla has given a handful of updates to its entry-level 2021 Model 3, its list of safety and driver assistance tech remains unaltered. It gets standard features like automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise control.
But most importantly, its "safety-first design" has allowed it to get a full 5-star rating from the NHTSA. Prices of the 2021 Tesla Model start at an MSRP of $39,190 for its base Standard Range Plus model, which now offers an improved range of 263 miles.
"Although we question whether the name Autopilot might be misleading, the driver-assist system has one of the best feature sets in the industry, with smooth operation and impressive capabilities such as automatic lane change." - Car And Driver
2021 Tesla Model 3 Safety Features Explained
Other updates in the 2021 Tesla Model 3 include refreshed interior and exterior design, three new wheel styles, 2 wireless smartphone charging pads, and a power trunk lid. But this compact sedan remains structurally unchanged, which is not really a bad thing.
From a strong chassis to complete technologically advanced safety measures, the 2021 Tesla Model 3 brings all the modern safety systems to keep the passengers safe during the journeys. Some of the major safety features and driver-assist measures are given below-
- Adaptive Cruise Control- The system uses the radar fixed at the front of the vehicle to keep a tab on the road ahead. The Adaptive Cruise Control aids the driver in maintaining the speed of the vehicle according to the flow of traffic on the streets. The system helps the driver in maintaining speed and a safe distance from the preceding vehicle to avoid any kind of collision.
- Tesla Autopilot- The exclusive Tesla Autopilot suite is built with keeping in mind the safety of the inmates inside the vehicle. The system works as a driver-safety assist system which helps the vehicle in avoiding imminent crashes. Working on the sensors fit in the vehicle, the system encapsulates multiple features like auto-parking, lane-keeping, automatic lane changes, and many more.
- Automatic Emergency Braking System- A standard safety measure in all modern vehicles, the automatic emergency braking system controls the brakes in case of an emergency. The system can automatically press the brakes to avoid any kind of imminent collision. This brake system detects any possible danger and acts upon it by pressing brakes accordingly. One thing which remains important is that these systems are still not upgraded enough to take the full charge; a driver should always try to maintain its focus on the road.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System- The system helps the driver to detect any upcoming vehicles in the area of blind spots. The blind spots are the areas where the driver is unable to see anything due to the body structure of the vehicle. The system gives a warning in case of any chances of collision with any vehicle from the blind spot area.
- Lane-Keeping Assist System- The Lane-Keeping Assist system works on the sensors available in the vehicle. The sensors aid the vehicle in keeping track of the lane in which the driver is driving. The system controls the brake and steering system in case of the vehicle deviates from its lane.
- Attention Assist- The assistant makes an individual profile of drivers during the initial minutes and subsequently compares the driving style later with the standard recorded early. If the sensors detect any abnormalities, the system activates and warns the driver to maintain the focus. The system comes in handy during journeys where the driver is suffering from fatigue and tiredness. The system helps the vehicle to avoid any collision due to the driver’s fatigue and loss of focus.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Safety Verdict
The 2020 Tesla Model 3 holds overwhelming safety ratings by the two top agencies in the business. Both NHTSA and IIHS have provided extremely positive feedback on the safety of the 2020 Tesla Model 3. We can make the conjecture that the 2021 Tesla Model 3 will get the same feedback as both the models hold the same powerful chassis and modern technology.
2021 Tesla Model 3 electric Safety
With growing debates around the topic of climate change, Electric vehicles show a bright future in the field of automotive technology. Tesla has grown its popularity with every launch in the business. A name synonymous with the futuristic technology, Tesla stands on top of bringing the electric vehicles to life. Its latest launch of Tesla Cybertruck busted all the myths surrounding the powerful force of an electric vehicle.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Safety Reviews
Delila2021 Tesla Model 3 electric
Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: June 11, 2021
High tech features
Pros - "Long driving range Brisk acceleration and sharp handling Many high-tech features"
Cons - "Distracting infotainment controls Rear seats can feel cramped"
Brisk acceleration The most interesting feature in this Tesla is that when on Auto Pilot mode you can watch a Netflix movie and can also play games on the large infotainment screen. David made it so straightforward on every aspect of this new lease that he was wonderful David made it one of the most easy and stress free auto purchase experiences I have ever had.
Gary L. Gall2021 Tesla Model 3 electric
Standard Range Plus 4dr Sedan (electric DD)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: May 26, 2021
The mini bomb
Pros - "Lightning-fast acceleration and adept handling Cutting-edge technology"
Cons - No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
electric My Model 3 is fantastic. It's the best car I've ever driven and my dream car. I look forward to driving this car every day and will never hesitate to tell others about its advantages and Tesla's overall goal. I will never consider buying something from here. There have been three new repair supervisors and ongoing problems since I purchased my car five months ago. The salesperson was clearly inexperienced, and she seemed to be under a lot of tension and worry.
Bonnie2021 Tesla Model 3 electric
Long Range 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: May 26, 2021
Pros - "Insane acceleration and athletic handling World-class electric driving range"
Cons - "Some build quality issues High list prices"
fusion of design and style It will satisfy all, or almost all, of your requirements. It's great not to have to go to the gas station any more. In most situations, the car reacts faster than any other vehicle you've driven. Electric vehicles are the way of the future. Chris, our dealer, was awesome. I'd certainly buy another car from him, and I'll recommend him to everyone! Throughout the process, he was courteous and polite. It's a shame there aren't more people like him!