Jeep has been aggressively building up special edition trims, services around their vehicle lineup. The newest in the stable is the 2021 Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX which will be offering subtle new quirks that will improve the experience of comfort, luxury, and safety.
“The new 2021 Cherokee Latitude LUX truly enhances the Jeep lineup and is a direct reflection of what our customers want and value the most in their vehicle – everyday practicality, exceptional comfort, with outstanding ride and handling characteristics… ...As the most capable midsize sport-utility vehicle, the Jeep Cherokee continues to offer consumers the ultimate blend of all-weather 4x4 capability and even more standard amenities at an incredible value.” -Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America
The best part this time around is Cherokee Latitude LUX is already available for sale or order at the dealerships. And this particular trim will join the Latitude, Latitude Plus, Limited and Trailhawk models from the Cherokee model range. The prices start at $30,145 for the Rear-wheel drive model and $3,645 for the Four-wheel drive model.
The host of standard features include:
- Nappa leather seats
- Power front seats with power lumbar adjuster
- Heated front seats
- Premium-wrapped heated steering wheel
- Remote start
- Windshield wiper deicer
- The latest version of the Uconnect system
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Optional features include:
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- Premium nine-speaker Alpine sound system
- 8.4-inch touchscreen radio.
Standard safety and security features on Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX models include:
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- A suite of premium LED lighting, including headlamps, taillamps and fog lamps
- Blind-spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Path detection
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Parkview rear backup camera and park assist with dynamic gridlines
- Rain-sensing wipers
The Latitude LUX model comes with the 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with engine stop-start technology and high-efficient nine-speed automatic transmission. It is claimed to deliver 29 mpg highway and towing capability of up to 4,500 pounds. While the 2.0-liter Inline-4 turbocharged engine is optional. The V-6 would of course have more capability relatively.
For what Jeep does the best, off-road, the Latitude LUX comes standard Selec-Terrain traction control system, which has five modes for optimal on- and off-road performance. Jeep Cherokee features rear-axle disconnect technology that results in reduced energy loss when 4x4 capability isn’t needed, causing better fuel efficiency. The rear-axle disconnect seamlessly switches between two- and four-wheel drive for full-time torque management, all this, automatically.
Optional features on the 2021 Cherokee Latitude LUX model include:
- Security alarm, a power liftgate, auto-dimming rearview mirror, air conditioning with dual-zone automatic temperature control, universal garage door opener, a 115-volt power outlet, 8.4-in. touchscreen radio, and 7-in. full-color thin-film transistor display
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof and premium Alpine nine-speaker sound system with subwoofer
- Heavy-duty engine cooling, transmission auxiliary oil cooler, Class III hitch receiver, four- and seven-pin trailer-tow wiring harness and the full-size spare tire (4x4 models exclusive)
The special editions spice up a particular model and are usually designed around the customer feedback, Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX is one of them and is already available.