2020 Maserati Ghibli S Sedan: NHTSA and IIHS Ratings, and Safety Features
|Overall Rating||Not Rated|
|Overall Front Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Front Driver Side||Not Rated|
|Front Passenger Side||Not Rated|
|Overall Side Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Front Seat)||Not Rated|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Rear Seat)||Not Rated|
|Side Barrier Driver||Not Rated|
|Side Barrier Rear Passenger||Not Rated|
|Overall Side Pole Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Rollover Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Overall Side Barrier||Not Rated|
|Small Overlap Front(Driver)||Not Rated|
|Small Overlap Front(Passenger)||Not Rated|
|Moderate Overlap Front||Good|
|Head Restraints and Seats||Good|
|Front Crash Prevention||Basic|
|Latch Ease of Use||Not Rated|
The 2020 Maserati Ghibli S is the second trim in its class above the Base trim. Presently, it is available in the US at an MSRP of $75,990. The rear-wheel-drive (RWD) vehicle has a V6 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged engine capable of generating 424 hp and 428 lb-ft torque. The S trim also has two other variants, namely Granlusso and Gransport, and is priced at $82,790. It competes with the Audi A7 Premium and Mercedes CLS 450 4Matic under various sections.
Owners and reviewers have given the 2020 Maserati Ghibli S an overall score of 7.6 or higher out of 10 under the safety section. The vehicle comes with a range of advanced safety, security, and assistance features under the Maserati Stability Program along with other characteristics. Optionally, owners can incorporate more features individually or by choosing packages.
What Features Make the 2020 Maserati Ghibli S Sedan Safe?
As mentioned before, the 2020 Maserati Ghibli S has a range of advanced safety features as standards besides the engine start/stop, anti-pinch window sensors, etc. Some of them are as follows:
- Maserati Stability Program (MSP) :-The MSP includes four critical safety features, namely acceleration slip regulation (ASR), anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake distribution (EBD), and drive wheel locking prevention. Each of these functions provides better safety to the car. For example, ABS modulates brake pressure to rotate the tire when it has stopped rotating due to extreme braking.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) :- The ACC function helps the driver to maintain a safe distance from the vehicles in front of the Ghibli. It senses the gap between the cars with the radar sensors located on the front grille and camera situated on the rear-view mirror. Also, the drivers would not have to worry about setting the distance because it comes pre-set from the manufacturer.
- Blind Spot Alert :- The blind spot alert notifies the driver about an approaching vehicle before changing lanes. The signal appears on the side view mirrors and even makes an alert noise if the driver proceeds to change lanes. Therefore it safeguards the occupants from side collisions.
- Other safety and assistance features of the base model include Rearview camera with front & rear park sensors, Maserati Touch Control Plus (MTC+) with Navigation, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), etc.
- Owners can enhance the safety of their vehicle by adding the Driver Assistance Package, which includes the Traffic Sign Recognition, Highway Assist, etc. It comes at an additional price of $1600.
Is the 2020 Maserati Ghibli S Sedan Safe Enough?
Although the NHTSA report on the vehicle has yet to be prepared, it is still a safe bet to say that it will make remarkable safety remarks. Moreover, the IIHS has given the highest safety standard under its crash test for safety detection. Aside from this, owners are also delighted with the safety, assistance, and security features that the car provides. Therefore, we can conclude that it is safe to drive the 2020 Maserati Ghibli S or any of its higher variants or trims.
2020 Maserati Ghibli S Sedan Safety
The 2020 Maserati Ghibli S is the second trim in its class above the Base trim. Presently, it is available in the US at an MSRP of $75,990.The 2020 Maserati Ghibli S is the second trim in its class above the Base trim. Presently, it is available in the US at an MSRP of $75,990.
Airbag Occupancy Sensor
Anti-Lock Brakes System
Blind Spot Information System
Child Safety Locks
Driver Assistance Camera
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Tire Pressure Monitoring System