2021 Jeep Gladiator: NHTSA and IIHS Ratings, and Safety Features
Updated on: August 31, 2020
|Overall Rating||4 star|
|Overall Front Star Rating||4 star|
|Front Driver Side||4 star|
|Front Passenger Side||5 star|
|Overall Side Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Front Seat)||Not Rated|
|Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings(Rear Seat)||Not Rated|
|Side Barrier Driver||Not Rated|
|Side Barrier Rear Passenger||Not Rated|
|Overall Side Pole Star Rating||Not Rated|
|Rollover Star Rating||3 star|
|Overall Side Barrier||Not Rated|
|Small Overlap Front(Driver)||Not Rated|
|Small Overlap Front(Passenger)||Not Rated|
|Moderate Overlap Front||Not Rated|
|Roof Strength||Not Rated|
|Head Restraints and Seats||Not Rated|
|Front Crash Prevention||Not Rated|
|Latch Ease of Use||Not Rated|
The Jeep Gladiator is a gleaming jewel in Jeep’s vast range of heavy vehicles. This glorious pickup made its debut in 2019 as the model for the following year and has been a rage in the pickup truck segment ever since. This mid-sized pickup is a popular buy for those who love the outdoors.
The 2021 Gladiator will carry forward the same mechanics and accessories that its successful predecessor possessed. Safety is a prerequisite factor for any regular buyer while buying a pickup that is particularly meant for living on the edge in the outdoors.
"Although it's available with a handful of driver-assistance technology, its roster is significantly smaller than some competitors." - Car and Driver
2021 Jeep Gladiator Crew Cab Safety Features
The Jeep Gladiator was introduced in 2019 and is based on its own parent company’s Wrangler platform. This platform offers excellent on-road and off-road capabilities. Every model provides a variety of off-road tuning mechanisms like a 4-wheel drivetrain, Dana axles, limited-slip differential, and front and rear axle lockers. The Gladiator focuses on a more lightweight structure, keeping the interiors as roomy as possible. Don’t be hoodwinked by lightweight though, the Gladiator is solid enough to traverse any terrain, be it mud, sand or gravel.
The chassis utilizes designated crumple zones and reinforced pillars to make sure that all integral structural parts are strong enough to withstand blunt impacts. Furthermore, the usage of high-strength steel with aluminum allows you to get a more rigid structure whilst maintaining a lightweight build.
- Jeep Issues Recall For 43,000 Wranglers, Gladiators To Address Clutch Overheating Issues
- 2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail Launched At A Price Of $40,435
What features make the 2021 Jeep Gladiator Crew Cab safe?
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator has a vast plethora of standout safety features that make the vehicle a secure fortress even when its removable doors are put in the trunk. The following are the highlights of its onboard safety features:
- Electronic Stability Control with Roll Stability Control- Jeep’s intelligent Electronic Stability Control reduces the risk of sliding off the heavy pickup or losing control while dragging. Jeep also includes a Roll Stability Control system that prevents the situation of a rollover in any critical situation. Both of these systems are imperative in making sure that the car stays grounded and in control on those rocky roads.
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning- This is an upgrade to the generic Tire Pressure Monitoring System. This system monitors the pressure of each tire and notifies you of any abnormalities in its pressure so that you can fix the faulty tire accordingly. This rules out any risk of accidents because of tire failure and the system resets itself once all tires are in an optimal state.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System- The Blind Spot Monitoring system is a convenient tool while driving through multilane highways. Jeep’s Blind Spot Monitoring works with the help of sensors that detect any vehicle approaching or already in your blind spot. The system warns you beforehand via audio and visual feedback so that an unintended collision does not happen.
- Adaptive Cruise Control- Jeep’s Adaptive Cruise Control is another active safety feature that maintains a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. This intelligent system automatically modifies the speed of the vehicle as per the distance of the vehicle ahead and keeps collisions at bay. This system functions with smartly placed sensors at the front end and ensures a safe ride.
- Parkview Back-Up Camera- The Parkview Rear Back-up camera shows you a real-time image of your rear surroundings when you put your Gladiator in reverse gear. This system is particularly useful for a pickup like the Gladiator, mainly because of its gigantic size. Every regular pickup driver knows the tussle of parking a pickup, and this system proves to be a boon for them.
Is the 2021 Jeep Gladiator Crew Cab safe enough?
Yes! The 2021 Jeep Gladiator is a safe bet overall with all the ideal safety measures and intelligent driver assistance systems. You can wrestle the pickup in uncontested landscapes all while keeping you in one piece.
2021 Jeep Gladiator Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the 2021 Jeep Gladiator cost?
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator base Sport model comes at a cost of around $33,565 with the V6 gasoline engine a 6-speed manual transmission. The Automatic transmission will set you back another $2000.
What is the warranty on offer for the 2021 Jeep Gladiator?
2021 Jeep Gladiator comes with limited warranty coverage for three years or 36,000 miles, with a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and roadside assistance for five years or 100,000 miles.
2021 Jeep Gladiator Safety
The Jeep Gladiator was introduced in 2019 and is based on its own parent company’s Wrangler platform. This platform offers excellent on-road and off-road capabilities. Every model provides a variety of off-road tuning mechanisms like 4-wheel drivetrain, Dana axles, limited-slip differential, and front and rear axle lockers. The Gladiator focuses on a more lightweight structure, keeping the interiors as roomy as possible.
Anti-Lock Brakes System
Driver Air Bag
2021 Jeep Gladiator Safety Reviews
Michael Miller2021 Jeep Gladiator
Overland 3dr Crew Cab 5 ft. SB 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: June 11, 2021
Read and make your own decision
Pros - It starts
Cons - Poor quality interior, engine, ride quality
Unstable The ride is unstable with weight reduction and tightened up suspension, the bed is flimsy and not capable of hauling, and weight and side walls are frail. Useless computer gadgets are overkill and make me sick. I'm returning the truck and having to take a massive loss financially because of poor quality and design
Jason2021 Jeep Gladiator
Willys 3dr Crew Cab 5 ft. SB 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: May 24, 2021
Just love the machine.
Pros - Three pedal setup and how it gets going with everything on the bed
Cons - Armrest isn't appropriately placed, dinky side view mirrors, feature list
The three pedal always gets me, but generally a basic drive. I love that it has a three pedal with a stick shift setup. I love the mechanical feel and the fact that there aren't many people out there that know how to drive the stick shift. Two minor concerns, side view mirrors aren't great at what they're supposed to because of their size and it isn't the most tech loaded truck you'll see on the road. Kind of basic which kills the driving part, not totally a complete vehicle which satisfies in all part. definitly comfort is there still for very long drives not suggestable. Lou was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire car buying process! This was my first time buying a car and he made it very easy for me. I felt comfortable asking questions and he explained everything so I could easily understand. Thank you very much Lou!
Virginia2021 Jeep Gladiator
Sport S 3dr Crew Cab 5 ft. SB 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
User Overall Rating
Posted On: May 24, 2021
wrangler feels with a pickup add on!!
Pros - Looks, offroading capabilities and open top, spacious second row
Cons - The mpg could have been better
great driveability and towing capacity This truck is everything I was looking for and more. I missed my Wrangler and this feels like the Wrangler. It rides like a luxury vehicle and the inside is gorgeous. The color is like no other I have ever seen and the wheels and tires are great. I could not be happier. They way they explained made me to go for this car, had a really good experience overall.